This product can be used in any project after the planning is perfomed, and used to provide an adequate view of the actual progress so that management can take effective action when the software development project deviates significantly from the software plans . This requires establishing monitoring marks (milestones).
The project manager will get differences between planned and conducted, an assessment of project progress, actions to differences found, important to seek remedies deviations, it will contribute to the creation of historical and accounting costs of each activity.
The project manager will be able immediately, after making detailed planning, to track theproject tracking. Progress measures must be collected periodically and differences will be found. In large periods it is required to review the deviations to decide how they affect the project plan. In certain milestones progress to take corrective action is reviewed.
- Characteristics of organizations: This pattern can be used in existing projects in any company.
- System Type to develop: This product can be used in projects in which user requirements are changing.
- Type of customer: It must exist or be achieved, the target area development business being involved in achieving it.
- Heuristics for use: If you need urgent application or dispose of some of its functionality.
- Project Manager. His goodness depends on transparency and labeling of the project (ie storage of progress thereof))
- Abreviaturas aprendidas:
- PRE: Budgeted Labor.
- CON: Value Achieved.
- ACT: Present Value.
- BAC: Value budgeted at the end of the project.
- EAC: Estimated completion.
- IEP: Efficiency index term.
- IEC: Cost efficiency index.
- VP: Cost Variance.
- VC: Cost Variance
- VPR: Relative Time Variance.
- VCR: Relative Cost Variance.
- If the variance of cost (VC) is positive it means we're getting more than we spend, that is, we have more efficiency than expected. If negative we are spending more than we had anticipated.
- If the variance of period (VP) is positive we are doing more work than we had originally planned, ie, we are shortening the period of the project, we're getting ahead. If it is negative, we are doing less work than we had initially proposed, ie the project is delaying us, although this may be due to use of less than originally planned resources.
- If Efficiency Cost Indices (IEC) and Time (IEP) show values greater than 1 means that the project goes well, and less than 1 value means the opposite.