It is desired to describe the functioning and behavior of a software system.It is wanted to take into account customer requirements as well as users system software to develope; Likewise, it is desired to describe design constraints and system implementation.
It has a document that describes the functioning and behavior of a software system. This document takes into account all functional and non-functional requirements of the system and has the approval of the development team and the customer or end user.
Creation of a document detailing precisely and explicithy all the features and capabilities that a software system must provide(this includes all functional and non-functional requirements of the system to be developed). Likewise, this document must specify the constraints to be taken into account in developing the system.
- Type of Organization: SMEs, Large Companies.
- System Type: It applies to all types of systems.
- Programming Paradigm: OO (Object Oriented), structured, logical, functional.
- Benefits of using this pattern [Fuensanta Medina-Dominguez, 2008]
- Facilitate the creation of a description of the system to be developed and how it will be used.
- It can describe scenarios that exemplify the perspective of the system from the point of view of different users.
- The customer has a clear idea about what it will and will not do the system to be developed.
- Le Vie, D. Writing Software Requirements Specifications. Recuperado el 2009-11-26 de http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/magazine/writing/softwarerequirementspecs.html
- Pressman, R. (2005). Ingeniería del Software, un Enfoque Práctico (6ta. ed.). Mc Graw Hill.
- Sommerville, I. (2006). Software Engineering (8va. ed.). Addison Wesley.
- Wiegers, K. (2003). Software Requirements (2da. ed.). Microsoft Press.
- Wiegers, K. (2006). More About Software Requirements: Thorny Issues and Practical Advice. Microsoft Press.