Set Load Factor
This product can be used in any project that programmers should establish a measure to meet its workload. The load factor is the period of days to complete a task divided by the ideal time that the developer has estimated.
Developers get a load factor that is going to serve as a measure of their workload.
Developers should be able to establish their individual load factor, percentage of time actually devoted to developing them.
- Characteristics of organizations: This pattern can be used in existing projects in any company.
- System Type to develop This product can be used in projects in which user requirements are changing.
- Type of Customer: It must exist or be achieved, the target area development business being involved in achieving it.
- Heuristics of use::If it need urgent application or dispose of some of their funcionalidades.
- Programmers should establish a numerical value, load factor, which represent the percentage of time actually devoted to the development of tasks. Load factor represents the ratio between the ideal number of days of programming and those who have passed. For calculating the load factor must be taken into account the time devoted to helping other programmers, talking with clients and attend meetings, among others. If the load factor exceeds 8 points means that the developer did not have time to help anyone.
- In the output document Story Tasks version X Developer Y the document header is filled with the Load Factor programmer in question.
- The developers set their load factor identifying if it is too high or low.
- Knowledge of coding standard that defines the shared code ownership and the rules for writing and documenting code and communication between different pieces of code developed by different teams. Programmers have to follow the so that the code in the system look like if it had been written by one person.
- Knowledge of the common vision of how the program works in which the activities take place.
- Ability to work in group. All on an XP computer contribute in any way they can.
- Predicting what will be completed by the deadline, and determining what to do next.
- Programming capability in pairs. Besides to generate better code and tests, used to communicate knowledge through teams.
- Álvarez, José R. y Arias Manuel. Método Extreme programming.Recuperado el 2010-03-05 de http://www.ia.uned.es/ia/asignaturas/adms/GuiaDidADMS/node61.html
- Anaya Villegas, Adrian. A proposito de programación extrema XP(extreme Programming).Recuperado el 2010-02-10 de http://www.monografias.com
- Beck, K.(2000), Una explicación de la programación extrema. Aceptar el cambio. Ed. Addisson Wesley.
- De Seta, Leonardo. Una introducción a Extreme Programming.Recuperado el 2010-03-02 de http://www.dosideas.com/noticias/metodologias/822-una-introduccion-a-extreme-programming.html
- Extreme Programming: A gentle introduction. Recuperado el 2010-03-15 de http://www.extremeprogramming.org/
- Joskowicz, José. Reglas y prácticas en Xtreme Programming. Recuperado el 2010-03-15 de http://iie.fing.edu.uy/~josej/docs/XP%20-%20Jose%20Joskowicz.pdf
- Letelier, Patricio y Panadés Mª Carmen. Metodologías Ágiles en el desarrollo de software: extreme programming. Recuperado el 2010-03-15 de http://www.willydev.net/descargas/masyxp.pdf
- Newkirk, James y Martin, Robert C.(2001), La programación Extrema en la Práctica.Ed Addisson Wesley.